Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dave Ramsey Motivation

I was listening to the Dave Ramsey talk show the other day. It was a Friday because on Friday listeners are encouraged to call in and tell the audience how much debt they've paid off, how long it took them, what their income was during that time and then scream: "I'M DEBT FREE!" or "WE'RE DEBT FREE!"

This couple called in. They paid off $30,000 in 2 1/2 years. Their total yearly income during those 2 1/2 years ranged from $18,000 to $30,000. Plus, they had two kids and one on the way. I could not believe it! I was so impressed!!! That really fired me up to race against myself in paying off student loans. And Dave Ramsey better not die between now and 2010, because I want to call into his show and scream: "I'M DEBT FREE!"

So, yeah. I'm really pumped about it. Anyone want to race?

No comments: