Sunday, March 8, 2009

28 Weeks!

I made it to my first "goal" here at the hospital. They really wanted me to make it to at least 28 weeks. Making it this far means that my baby boy won't face any or few developmental problems. He's reached a 90% survival rate, which is also great. Only 6 weeks to go till my c-section! When I get to 30 weeks, I am going to ask my doctor about scheduling the c-section for when I reach 34 weeks. I really want my doctor to perform the surgery, not a different doctor. I think I am more nervous about the c-section at this point. I know whenever my baby boy is born he'll be fine. But with my previa I am concerned with how the c-section will go. My doctor is concerned as he thinks that the placenta has implanted abnormally into the uterine wall. He seems to be the "best" of the OB doctors here, thus my desire to have him perform the surgery! I am sure all will turn out well whatever happens.

Lee, Clark and Cal visited me again this weekend. I am glad they can come up and spend the night with me. The boys enjoy coming and being spoiled with treats and stickers. Donna from hospitality brings me stickers and paper for the boys when they come to visit. She also brought up some colored pencils too.

Saturday night Lee and I watched an episode off of Netflix from the Mrs. Bradley Series. I really like mystery movies/shows that are set back in the early 1900s to 1940s. Saturday Lee did some errands for me and himself. He did my laundry, went shopping, and returned some items for me. They stayed till after dinner before heading home. Clark and Cal were ready to leave by then! Seriously, they were asking if they could go home. They fell asleep quite soon into the trip and stayed asleep while Lee laid them in their beds. Last night I watched a Miss Marple movie.

My parents will be coming to see me this evening. I have been enjoying talking with the girls via the webcam everyday and talking with them on phone almost everyday.

My next ultrasound will be on Wednesday.

Did you know that my bathroom has a room number on it? So weird. Enjoy the new week and daylight saving time! (You are lucky Ryan and Amanda!)

Here are some pictures Clark took with the webcam here at the hospital.






These he took last weekend while he was watching a movie.



This picture I took from my sister's blog. I thought it was an awesome photo of the Provo Temple. This is where Lee and I were married for time and eternity. It is beautiful!

8 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

YAY for reaching such a major milestone! I think the statistics are like 1% every day from here on out is less of a chance of NICU time.
Good idea on getting a jump on scheduling your c/s with the awesome doc. It's always good to have an expert on hand to work with whatever that pesky (but necessary) oddly implanted and possibly encroaching placenta.
Good idea on getting Netflix too! I haven't heard of pretty much any movie you have mentioned over the last few weeks. Seriously. Apparently I'm not as movie savvy as I thunk I was... lol
My bloggy friend said she mailed off your package this week! Let me know when you get it. Show photos on the blog if you are up to it.

MissouriMormonMama said...

Yeah for 28 weeks!! That is a great milestone to hit! Now 30 is next? I'm glad you had such a nice visit- it's awesome that the hospital helps out with some things for the boys to do. You are always in our thoughts and prayers and we can't wait to see you again- hopefully with two healthy mommies and babies! Keep up the good work!
PS- thanks for the lovely note ( :

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Halleluia! We are glad that this "goal" has been met and that you are getting good care. We are praying for you.

Lois said...

YES! You reached your goal!! Congrats! Keep up the good work! j/k :D

Lois said...

j/k - because it's not like you have control over it.

Liz said...

I'm so glad you have reached that milestone. Only a few more weeks. (so says the woman NOT on bedrest) :-) I am praying for you and hope all continues to go well. Your kids are so cute!

Ashley said...

Ruth, I am so happy for you! Thanks for all the update; I really enjoy keeping in touch with your blog. In case you're bored with Netflicks...and in case you ever want to up your computer softward knowledge...here's a website where you can take free softward courses (excel, lotus notes, etc). I've enjoyed increasing my knowledge with it! www.lynda.com

Photo Crazy! said...

I am so happy you reached this goal! Now on to the next one! You can do it! Love you!