Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Closed

It actually happened; today even!  We CLOSED on our FIRST house!  This morning Lee and I wired the money to the law firm who handled the closing.  Thankfully that all went through. It's great to have "control" back over our bank account now! I didn't hear anything about missing paperwork so I am assuming it was all there! Closing was great.  I was really excited about it and it didn't take much time.  Elden surprisingly fell asleep while we were signing papers and I just held him.  I thought we'd be signing papers for a long time but we started at 1:10-1:15, were out to the van by about 1:55.  If you include all the chit chat and questions, maybe it took about 20 minutes, max 30 minutes, to sign papers.

It was fun walking into the house for the first time as an "owner". Tonight Lee carried me over the threshold too. He didn't whack my head in the doorway Sam.  Yesterday I had the kids gather-round for a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to bless us to close on Wednesday.  Today I had them round up again to offer a prayer of thanks that it all worked out.  We are very blessed.  

Before Elden went in to closing.
April 24 2013 Elden

After...we're homeowners!  Though, I'll feel more like a "homeowner" when we actually have it paid off and "own" it!  Sheldon, the Italy tie made it to closing! And it's funny how my handbag matches Lee's outfit so well!
April 24 2013 Lee Ruth Elden

To celebrate we stopped for shakes.  We're big spenders!  After wiring all that money this morning, we probably should have just enjoyed a glass of water from our tap at home, ha ha.  At least we left more than $13 in our account...like we did when we paid off Lee's last student loan.
April 24 2013 Lee

April 24 2013 Ruth

April 24 2013 Elden Ruth

Lee sent me these cute flowers with a thoughtful note.  One of Lee's team members got us this fun cake too!
April 24 2013 (15)

With all the tears and frustration, closing was great ending. (Yes, I cried a few times about it!)
Now on to renovations! Look out soon for the pictures of the house!
April 24 2013 (5)

4 comments:

Hanna Caldwell said...

Congrats on closing on the home! I bet it's a relief now that its over and you can officially call it yours. You guys definitely deserved those celebratory milkshakes ;) Can't wait to see pics of it!

Melissa S. said...

Can't wait to see all the before/after pics of the house!!!!! Take a ton. I love things like that.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
The pic of you and Lee on the porch after closing is a GORGEOUS picture of you!!!!!!!!!

Señora H-B said...

Congratulations! You must be SO thrilled, relieved, excited, etc... Can't wait to read all about the new house.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!!