Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Saying Hi to Mom

I had an ultrasound today. The baby's heartbeat was good and he has good fluid levels. In two weeks I'll get an idea of how big he is.

Yesterday was exciting: I got my saline lock out! YEAH! If I stay "stable" then I can keep it out. I am not sure how long that will last, but I am grateful for any break from the saline locks.

Yesterday my cousin Heidi had a beautiful baby girl, which was very exciting. What is very cool about it: the baby girl is my Grandma Bartholomew's 100th great-grandchild! AND the baby was born on my grandparents' 70th anniversary! So awesome! How many grandparents live to see that happen?!

I think our little guy will be the 30th grandchild on Lee's side and on my side the 23rd. (I am assuming I will have my baby before Deborah.)

Today was a historic day for my parents. After 38 years of marriage, and 37 years with children, they are now "empty nesters". My youngest brother Sheldon entered the Missionary Training Center today in Provo, Utah. He is there preparing to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Milan, Italy area. He leaves the end of April to Italy. All of my brothers have served missions. (Dominican Republic, California-Chinese speaking, Australia, Guatemala and now Italy!) I served in Los Angeles, California.

Sorry Sheldon, I already edited your cell phone contact info and switched it over to Dad. Gone are the days of the "kid" cell phone.

3 comments:

Liz said...

What a wonderful ultrasound picture!

I think it's great that you're parents are such great examples that you have all served. What an accomplishment as parents. :-)

Ryan-n-Amanda said...

That is such a great ultrasound!!! The Bartlett family is praying for and excitedly following your family's latest adventures on both Blogger and Facebook! Congrats on your progress Ruth, and hope it continues.

-Ryan

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

I love the hi! What a cool u/s pic. Here is a link to some survey and focus groups. You may find some surveys to make some money while you're in the hospital.
http://proudtobecheap.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-3-money.html