Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Sunday Everyone!

We had a good Sunday today. I spoke in church about the Grace of God. Before Sacrament Meeting started, we got the girls out to other people, so I could sit on the stand. Lee of course had the boys, so I sat on the stand the whole meeting. It was nice!

We have some news items to pass on! First off, we received an exciting email tonight. We received seven possible options for where we will be for the Army this fall. We need to rank them one to seven, one being our top choice. Here are the states: Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia. Also in the email it was mentioned that Lee’s officer training won’t start till the beginning of August, and that would be great! Hopefully his training will be only 7 weeks. It could possibly go up to 11 weeks.

The other big news, Cal is basically toilet trained! The first few days were awful. Let’s just say I wanted to hire a nanny and leave for a few days! Wednesday afternoon things started to click with him. He has a bit of progress to make, but it is going pretty well after just one week, and I feel like we can get back to our normal outings during the week. I had one of my friend’s pick up Clark for playgroup, and we skipped storytime. And this week I went grocery shopping by myself.

Tuesday night we had the missionaries over for dinner and Lee went with them afterwards. We did go on some outings at the end of the week, and Lee was with me. Friday night there was a lipsync at the church along with a potluck dinner. It was really fun. There was a HUGE crowd there. They had to bring out more tables.

Saturday we went to Columbia, South Carolina to the temple. The weather was gorgeous! Low 70's. I should have dressed the boys in shorts instead of pants! I did the 10:00 session and Lee took the kids to an LDS bookstore right across the street. Lee then went to the 12:00 session and I took the kids to a park that is right by the temple too. Last time we went we didn’t know about the bookstore and the park, and we are so glad we know about them now. There is alos a community center right next to the park that is open every Saturday, and there are restrooms you can use right inside, so it's the perfect place to wait while Lee or I are in the temple. There were some other people from our stake going to the temple that day, so it was fun to meet them. I met Marilyn. Her husband is the bishop of a ward in our stake. They have 6 kids and they recently bought a 12 passenger van. She was really nice.

We made a couple of stops on the way home from the temple. One stop we made was at Target. They had really cute fake Croc’s for baby girls there, and for a decent price too. But there was one size 1, one size 2, and one size 3! Since my girls are little and don’t tell me how to dress them, I do like to dress them alike, so it’s frustrating when I fight something for a good deal, and that I like and there is only one of that item.

Lee has stayed at work a few times during lunch. Boards are coming up in April for which he has to do an exam on a patient, among other things. I really want him to pass the first time around, and it’s nice when he doesn’t have to study at home, so this is working out pretty well; though I do love it when he comes home for his hour lunch break! It’s been a treat.

I will be posting some pictures soon. I need to get some from some friends too. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

No comments: