Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Farewell 2019 + The Big FORTY!

The party continued up in Virginia.  We left the cabin and headed back home with some family.  Oh and I got a refund for the cleaning deposit at the cabin.  When I was sweeping the floor the first night there was a lot of animal hair on the floor.  I texted the owner letting him know that the cleaners weren't doing a good job.  Plus there were many scratches on bedroom doors from dogs, we are sure. It was nice getting the cleaning deposit back.

On Darrell's birthday, that evening we had Cal's court of honor.  He finished his Eagle Scout in July but we waited till the end of the year to have family with us.



I was surprised that Cal gave me the mentor pin.  I had no idea!  Clark gave his to Lee.


The Eagles Nest.





For refreshments we had Nesquick and Costco cookies.

















We also celebrated Darrell's birthday that night.  I thought I had taken pictures of his little party, but I guess didn't.  I appreciate Len Aamodt's advice about the Eagle Court of Honor--keep it simple. Dennis Shaver was so helpful and I'm glad Dathan could come.  I was sad that no one else from the ward came but David Peterson and Dathan Young.  I was hoping some of my friends would come.  I guess they didn't realize that it's a family event or how amazing an accomplishment earning your Eagle is. Or forgot or didn't want to come.  But I wish more friends could have attended.

The big 40th birthday came for me!  Lee surprised me with these cute decorations.  I loved them!








I went on a run that day and we hung out at my house.  That afternoon we watched a Christmas movie and the dad's and boys went to a park.  For dinner we ate chili and had a little party for me. 



Some fun birthday goodies!  Lee also got me a laptop--my first personal one ever--and tickets to the Money & Marriage event and a live taping of the Rachel Cruze show. Crazy that I'm 40!  But so glad I get to have this time on earth.


New Year's Eve after lunch we went to a park then headed to the church to get ready for the New Year's Eve party. 





Haley bought this for Clark for Christmas.  It was fun that he got the plane built and started flying it.

I invited a lot of people to the church for a New Year's eve party.  Lee and I bought pizza for all of them.  I think I got 25 from Little Caesars.  Looking back, I wish we would have just had our family there.  But it was fun that others from the ward could come and hang out. We love playing "knock-out".  I even won once!



Nightly hangout with cousins!

After the church party we moved to our house and watch a movie and did the countdown for the New Year.  Wow.  2020 is here!  It's going to be a GREAT YEAR and NEW DECADE!

No comments: