Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas is coming....but first....

Christmas is getting closer but many happenings in the month of December occurred! We attended the last court of honor for our ward.  It was a farewell to scouting of sorts.



We enjoyed Clark and Cal's Winter Concert.



Clark and Cal are in the back together.



Shanna and Haley went to an FFA Christmas party and did an ornament exchange.  Shanna got this cute animal ornament.

I didn't take many pictures, but for Lee's work party we went to the local waterpark here.  Most of Lee's team members have families and it's fun to get together to do something like this. 

Of course we had our annual ugly sweater party!  We had a great turnout-which is always fun-and enjoyed the evening.  It was fun that Lois and Jeff could come for it as well.

Before the party started Cal and Elden made these targets for fun to shoot with their Nerf guns.  I told them to leave it all up in case someone from the party wanted to take a shot.

Normally I do a hot chocolate bar for the ugly sweater party but I did punch this year.  It turned out great! Who do you spy in the background?!

We did 7-layer bars, mint chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, meatballs, shrimp, cheese ball with crackers, cowboy "salsa with chips, and artichoke spinach dip with pita crackers. Oh, and candy, punch and cinnamon bears! Lee and I forgot to get a picture of us together.  Next year!

The next day, Sunday, Haley and Elden had their Christmas piano recital.



Luke was the pre-show!



For family home evening we went out caroling with the Weilers.

I made a stocking for my nephew Jake.  Whew!  I didn't know if I could do it.  December was so so crazy this year.  But I pulled it off.

One night I stayed up late to get the pies done for Christmas. Cranberry is my favorite!



Elden had his last pack meeting for Cub Scouts and earned some belt loops. Right now he's decided to not move forward with scouting.

Ugh, wish we could have found his scout shirt for the last meeting!!!

Setting up for gingerbread houses!  That was another late night prepping for it.  Lee helped me cut some out and that went really fast.  I should do that again in 2020! And I should do the gingerbread in the summer and freeze it... Christmas in July...hmmm.  Sounds like a good idea!  Or Christmas in October.  Get all of my holiday baking done then! Our friend Michael came over along with the Harris' and the Aidukaitis family. 













One Saturday we went up to the temple and after hung out with the Heits for the day. We brought back some Nesquik cereal for friends and family.



We also went to the National Arboretum.  Love visiting places decked out for the holidays!




This is a miniature replication of an observatory at Como Zoo in Minnesota.  I enjoyed seeing this as I had been there a few times as a kid!





Dinner at IHOP after!


We saw the lights at the Washington, D.C. temple visitors' center and then enjoyed a performance by the Two Sopranos.


The last even on my plate before heading to the Smokies for Christmas-a meet and greet of sorts after church.  So many ladies brought cookies, which was wonderful!  It was so lovely.  We are going to set up our linger longers like this and see how it goes....


Took awhile to get this shot!



We had our own get-together and invited a few people to our house after church.  Late afternoon we did some neighbor visits.


More gingerbread photos.  I used to stuff my house with candy as well when I was a kid.



No comments: