Friday, May 31, 2013

Cookie Dough Balls

I love cookie dough batter.  I think I like it better than the cookies!  When we hosted a potluck dinner for our friends, my friend Tara brought these.  Oh so good.  I requested the recipe and she gave it to me (very promptly I might add!).  Last Sunday I didn't have any eggs, so it was a great time to make these delicious babies!  Hanna...these are peanut free.....

Thanks Tara!!!
May 26 2013 cookie dough balls

May 26 2013

May 26 2013 (2)

May 26 2013 (3)


We each got four cookie dough balls, plus two of us (I wonder who...) had a couple extra, ha ha.  The recipe yielded at least 32 balls.  You could make more balls using less dough per ball, of course.

Cookie Dough Balls
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 TBLS milk
1 TBLS vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
2/3 cup chocolate chips, mini chips work great to (that is what I used because I actually had some on hand)

Mix all ingredients well then refrigerate until hardened enough to roll into a ball.

Dip half of ball into chocolate and put on wax paper then refrigerate.

Chocolate Dip Coating
2 cups chocolate chips (I used fewer chocolate chips...maybe 3/4 of a cup? You can always melt more...and I had left over melted chocolate which I happily ate)
1 TBLS shortening (I didn't use this much shortening...maybe 1 1/2 tsp?)

Melt in microwave and stir

No comments: