Thursday, July 15, 2021

Yellowstone

Interestingly enough, Lee has never wanted to go to Yellowstone, or that's how I remember it.  But I have really wanted to take our kids to Yellowstone at least once, so we did. Like most places with did a day full of interesting sites. Yellowstone blew me away!  I remember the gysers from seeing them in person as a kid, but I don't remember the hot springs at all. They were amazing.  I felt like I was on another planet!  We left Rexburg that morning and entered into Yellowstone through West Yellowstone, Montana.  Wow, that was a very busy day and a popular entrance.  It took us quite awhile to get through the gate.

Loved this sign in West Yellowstone.

We went to Grand Prismatic Spring.  The largest hot spring in the United States. 





We hiked up to an overlook to see the whole Grand Prismatic Spring.  Very cool.



We also did the Fountain Paint Pot Trail



We walked around and saw some small gysers.  Seriously, I felt like we were on Mars!


Morning Glory Pool.  Just blown away!

Paked in the surburban!  

Rushing to see Old Faithful a second time.




Loved seeing the kids hang out together.


Old Faithful!

Waiting on Old Faithful. Lots of people out during COVID haha. Like us!




I love seeing family reunion t-shirts.  I really thought this one was cute.  I need to think of one for next summer.  It's my turn to host the family reunion.




I wanted to see some other things Yellowstone, but there wasn't time. Maybe we'll swing through again sometime.  We headed to Rock Springs and stayed in a cute motel, Motel 8. It was dated but very well kept and clean.  I stayed up late doing laundry.  Yay for onsite coin laundry! 

No comments: