Saturday, June 26, 2021

Summer Fun, Fun Fun & Father's Day!

 We got back home to enjoy the first days of summer, but of course went here and there. One day some of my kids were hanging out at the Petersons and Katherine gave the rest of us these donuts.  So sweet!


We also had the priviledge to go to the Philadephia Temple to do baptisms for the dead.


Elden and I like to find the temple's cornerstone.




Darrell and a couple of his kids met us there. 


We also hit up King's Dominion.





We finally lit off some fireworks we bought last year in West Virginia. 


Another day adveture was St. Mary's Wilderness.  There is an awesome hike and water to play in and cliffs to jump off of.  Daniel Riddle, Clark's friend, came along with us.














Father's Day came!  Happy Father's Day Lee! We went up to Pennslyvania after church to celebrate with my dad as well.  Lee is a great father, husband and friend.  I'm so blessed to have him in my life! 







The day before Father's Day we went boating at Smith Mountain Lake. Always a good day.

















The night before boating Lee surprised me with a date of ax throwing, a dessert and hanging out with Jason and Susan.  

The one time Susan and I beat Jason and Lee in a round.





After we got back from boating I finished up the little gifts for all the guys.  I took fruit cans and used a special can opener to take off the bottom of the cans.  Then I cleaned them out, filled them with candy, then glued the bottom back on just with hot glue. I think the guys liked them!


So when they pulled the top open, they saw the fun candy inside. It was fun but I was up late.  Whew. 

After looking at the calendar, I have many things out of order!  We did the boating right away, then Father's Day, then all the fun stuff.  Oh well!  Either way we did them!

No comments: