Friday, October 30, 2020

Marching Band 2020!

Clark, Cal and Shanna had a different marching band season but there were able to have one!  They did once performance for families.  Afterwards lots of pictures were taken!  I guess they are going to have marching band in the spring depending on how all this COVID stuff plays out.  Since they have to practice outside if there was a 50% chance of rain practice was cancelled. And several of the practices were cancelled.  But they had a fun performance and I'm glad Clark especially could do marching band his senior year.







The actual performance.  I did a zoom call and my parents and the Petersons were able to watch. 





If you haven't guessed yet, Shanna is on the color guard team. 



It was cute, Elden asked to get a picture with Cal. 





Clark and his band teacher Mr. "A". 


The pit crew again.

A couple more pictures of Lee's bike rides. 


Our friends invited us to their house to carve pumpkins and have dinner.  They have a pumpkin patch right across the the street from them! We walked over, picked out some pumpkins and bought some apple cinnamon donuts. 









Our friends, the Whitings, recently bought a farm.  They have three silos on their property.  Lee, Clark and I climbed to the top.  After I climbed to the top I realized I wasn't supposed to overexert myself that day as I had given blood.  Oops.  Oh well, all turned out fine.  And this time giving blood went great!  The iodine was great on my skin--no rash!!!  And I got a $5 gift card too which was fun. 

We had a great view of the valley!

Cal and Shanna climbed up to the middle one and Elden climbed up the smallest silo. 





Time for pumpkin carving!










Shanna found quite an interesting pumpkin!

Clark turned his gourd into a two headed thing. 



We had a fun time visiting with them and carving pumpkins!

I thought this was a fun picture Lee took of part of our downtown.


The other marching band performance was a "county showcase" with all the high school bands in the county school district. The band director got us senior parents in as "pit crew" help.  It was great to go to the second performane.  This one I recorded and posted on YouTube.








We loved seeing them perform!  It will be interesting to see what happens this spring.  

Cal took it upon himself to write to one of the higher-ups in the Nequik department. Wonder if he'll hear back from him. 




No comments: