Monday, October 5, 2020

General Conference Weekend!

A twice-yearly highlight for our family is our church's General Conference, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We all love this weekend and are so excited about it.  This fall we tried something new and rented a cabin in West Virginia for a General Conference get-away. It was awesome!  In April we were home by ourselves for General Conference because of the COVID shut down or quarantine. Whatever you want to call it. Normally we are with extended family, but it was so great just being by ourselves that we decided that's how we want to do General Conference from now on. We went to the cabin Friday night and stayed through Sunday night.  We could have stayed Sunday night thus leavning Monday morning, but because of work and seminary we went home Sunday night. 

We had fun looking around the small house and then setting up shop. Lee watched a BYU game that night and Shanna and I put together some fun things for conference for the kids and watched a Hallmark movie. 



It was a cute house with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a hot tub, and a real wood burning fireplace with LOTS of wood!

Getting set up for conference.  I loved that these little tables were available. 

A little wood compartment thing on the front deck. 

The well stocked wood shed. 

The fireplace was sooo fun!

The next morning Lee went on a bike ride and I went on a little jog.  I took a path that went up a mountain basically and eventually I turned around.  It was getting to secluded and steep for me. 


The hot tub was really fun as well! 
 
Saturday afternoon hot tub fun.


I loved all the hooks. 



Sunday night we played games, had fun food for dinner, packed up and went home. 





We arrived home about 11:00pm I think.  I told Lee it would be a miracle if we didn't hit a deer on the way home.  We were on very windy roads the basically the entire way.  We were about 13 miles from home near Harrisonburg by a gas station when I saw a deer cross the road to the middle median.  There are two lanes on each side of the median.  I followed the deer and saw that were were actually two there.  I was in the right hand land and they were off to the left of me, and still heading left away from me so I didn't slow down.  Then the next second a third deer came running towards her buddies on the other side of the road and it ran into my right front bumber and side.  Thankfully not much damage was done to the Suburban.  And minimal enough that you can't even tell about the deer hitting us. So we won't take it anywhere.  That is a blessing.  It's the first time a deer has ever run into me.  I'm thankful I wasn't in the Honda Fit! We had a terrific weekend and want to go back to the cabin again for the next General Conference. 

No comments: