Friday, March 7, 2014

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln

Last week Haley's teacher asked if I would come in and help her reading group make George Washington and Abraham Lincoln cookies.  Sounded good to me!  And just like with the gingerbread houses in December, the reading buddies for the 1st graders came in too.  And Cal happens to be in the same group.  Shanna is also in the same reading group as Haley.  I love that I can go to an activity and three of my kids are there!  Elden tagged along so we were just missing Clark. 

The cookie ideas were so cute!
Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies

Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (2)

They used Kit Kats to make top hats for Abe.
Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (3)

Nice face Elden, ha ha. 
Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (4)

Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (6)

Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (7)

And look at these cute George Washington cookies! 
Feb 28 2014 Lincoln and Washington Cookies (8)

Looking back at these pictures Shanna doesn't look super hot.  While I was out getting cash for the March budget and doing some errands the school nurse called me.  Shanna was in her office and had a temp of 101.  We picked her up and she took a nap that afternoon at home.  She is feeling a lot better this week!

No comments: