Friday, October 6, 2023

General Conference Weekend!

We had a nice, but crazy General Conference weekend going back and forth between Virginia and West Virginia.  Shanna had cheer practice, or a cheer competition so she missed out on the Saturday morning hike in Black Water Falls State Park.  We rented a "cabin" again in Davis, WV which I love doing during General Conference! 














It's so pretty seeing the leaves already changing! I am coming to like Fall a little better. 


First session of conference!



We used the hot tub only once I think.... but we still used it!



I drove home with Haley that afternoon and we listened to the afternoon session during our drive.  Haley and Shanna had homecoming that evening.  And a quick view of Seneca Rocks!

Pictures at Katelyn's house!  So fun!  
















They had homecoming at the high school. 


I love this photo that Jessie sent me of her, Katie and Joseph during the conference break. 

Clark sent this photo.  I was able to get him ticket through our stake so he could attend two sessions in person. 

After homecoming I drove the girls back to the cabin.  We enjoyed General Conference like always and the kids really liked going to a different cabin. 








We went to the nature preserve area thing again.  It's always fun to walk around there. 




Always fun seeing Frank!  We learned his real name is Chatham. 

Here is Greg. His brother or sister is in Darrell's ward in PA. 


View from Clark's living room at the dorm. WOW!!!


We're slowly getting more things done in the basement.  This renovation took a lot longer than we expected.  Ha ha...just like any project practically!  I found this cool idea with using fake brick boards to make a backsplash. It's turning out to be more work that we anticipated. 

Getting the little details done like trim around the island!

The king bed came!  

We had a dutch oven cooking activity for the youth. 


Here is what my weekly schedule looks like at the temple. Of course the different assignments change week to week.  The schedules are all sitting out on counter with a mint on top. It's fun to see every time I work there.  I found out that Lee is going to start working there soon too!  Awesome!

Apple tree picking or trimming....I think picking...




The oatmeal cream pie cookies from Moxie are so good!

Our oven has been broken for a little while, so we've been using the basement oven.  

The never-ending project...







We saw this cat in the Food Lion parking lot.  Hahaha.....evil eye! 


Getting the place pulled together for the youth fireside!  This rug was too long. It wouldn't fit between the fireplace and the pillars.  So we cut a section out.  But we saved the finished edge, about 5 inches of it, and I sewed it back on the rug.  Hard to explain....

Lee got the brick paneling up!  Now I just need to get some joint compound for a German Schmear. 



Love this!!!

Game night! 




No comments: