Thursday, July 7, 2022

Bartholomew Reunion 2022!

For 2022 Lee and I were in charge of my Bartholomew family renion!  On the way up to New York state for a pre-reunion trip we stopped at Sheetz for $0.99 ice cream.  Cal didn't hold back. 






Our first big event was hiking around Watkins Glen.  Wow, so awesome there!

















We stayed at the Watkins Glen State Park and the playground was a hit as well. 





The next day on the way down to PA for the reunion we stopped at the Corning Glass Museum.  Something we wouldn't normally do.  But my brother Sam recommended it.  It was pretty amazing!































We enjoyed a BBQ lunch before we started our Fast and journey down south. 









Sunday we enjoyed church with Darrell's ward and cousin time after.  We then went out to a pavillion I had reserved for the evening to hang out and eat. A pre-reunion gathering. We hosted the reunion at Gifford Pinchot State Park like Lena and Mike did last year.  It's only 35 minutes from my parents house, so it's very convenient for them to come for the day and then head home. 



The reunion!  I booked another pavillion in the state park by the swimming/beach area and playground.  We hung out both days playing games, visiting and eating.  Monday night we headed to Harrisburg and watched the fireworks along the Susquehanna River.  Sheldon brought his 1 wheel. I practiced on it just a little and my kids had a lot of fun on it. I didn't have much relaxation time with doing the meals and keeping things cleaned up.  Something I'm so glad we did is just have everyone bring their own water bottles.  Then I didn't have to worry about cups.  We had water and lemonade for people. 




We brought our paddle boards and kayaks too.  I think we'll bring them again next year. 






















I asked Deb to get some ceramics for me, well, hired Hyrum! The kids could paint ceramics, color on scratch art, and play games.  We also had $1 puzzles that we times people on, the fastest person would earn a prize.  And also two candy jars that people could guess the number of candy pieces to win the loot. 









Happy 4th!!!

We had popscicles and glowsticks while waiting!




Ciera and Sheldon were the stars of the show.

Cover Your Assests with Grandpa!








I'm so glad my parents stayed for the fireworks.  They didn't last year, so it was a treat! About halfway through the fireworks a lot of people left with some commotion.  They said there were some gun shots.  We found out the next day that actually some guys had been fighting and set off firecrackers.  No gun shots.  We stayed since Lee and Sheldon hadn't heard any gun shots.  It was a bit un-nerving though!

Day two!  Since it was the 5th of July we practially had the park and swimming area to ourselves!  It was packed on the 4th!  And throughout my blog, pardon the misspellings!  Blogger doesn't offer the suggestion when I spell things wrong...no red, sqwiggly underline under a word.  Oh well. 



Can't forget about fishing too!!!


The grand event....the pie eating contest!  







I won the ladies round!
 
I think Cal won the guy's round. 

And the best part of the pie eating contest....
https://youtube.com/shorts/DKntA4xGU0E?feature=share

Elden was quite curious about the candy guessing game and he won!  James, my nephew, asked me a TON too about who was going to win!  And HE did!



Ahhh...summer.....


Farewell to the rockstars Sheldon & Ciera!

We did s'mores too. 


The last of the fun!



We headed back down to Virginia after our fun PA reunion!  Next up....West Virginia!

No comments: