Thursday, September 9, 2021

Lee's Birthday! (& Labor Day Weekend + Wedding)

Lee's birthday was quite the thing with Labor Day and my niece's wedding all surrounding it!  Let's start in!  Cal has been sleeping on lots of different places.  He didn't sleep in his bed for at least a month.  The stairs looked quite uncomfortable.  At least he stuck close to the bottom. 


We had fun celebrating Lee's birthday.  We actually celebrated it late since I was out of town on his birthday. We celebrated on Labor Day. It was fun having dinner at Hank's BBQ.


Lee finally caught up to me in age!



He got some cash! I just put it in his play money account.  But we thought the Monopoly money would be a fun representation. 



Earlier that day we headed to Sherando Lake to hang out with friends for a couple of hours.  We met up with the Sheperds, Petersons and the Mabundas.  

Elden and Jack!

Connie, Katherine and me!





It was crazy, a guy and his wife chewed me out at Sherando Lake.  I saw that someone had put a beach towel and a tube under a tree near to where we put our stuff down.  Then later I saw it was gone and the Sheperd's put their things there by the tree.  This guy comes up and says how I'm this horrible example of a mother, teaching my kids awful manners by just taking over someone's spot. Well, no one had stuff there and I had no idea who even moved the beach towel and tube.  I apolized a few times and said we could move but they wouldn't take my offer.  The wife was saying, no it's fine.  And I said, actually you guys don't act like it's fine.  We can move.  And she got upset going off on me as well. So that was a downer for the day.  Ugh. But, it was fun being with friends!

Oh we also did a bike ride that morning in Shenandoah on a fun trail they have right in town. 

Clark's MTC!

I flew out on Lee's birthday to go to my niece's wedding in Idaho, along with my parents.  Before I left I decorated for Lee's birthday and left some treats.  He LOVES cereal.  And Oreos. 



These are some notes Clark left for Lee under the hood of the Celica. It was so sweet.

Japanese writing practice. 

The weekend leading up to Labor Day I was in Idaho for a wedding, like I mentioned.  The pictures are all messed up.  But there are so many that I don't want to put them in order.  But I arrived in SLC with my parents on a Thursday afternoon.  We got to Idaho that night.  I stayed with Deb and Paul in a cabin in Idaho Falls.  Friday we did a couple errands, celebrated Lizzy's birthday and hung out.  That night Deb, Paul and I had a pizza party and treats at the campsite by the fire.  Amy, Daniel, Lizzy, Anthon and Rachel swung by to say hi.  Saturday was the big day with Ila and Zack's wedding in the Idaho Falls Temple.  It was so beautiful!  Sheldon came up and we enjoyed seeing him.  Joseph came down from Rexburg as well. I also went and saw Mack and Shanna Shirley which was a treat and we got to see Il'as new apartment.  That was on Friday.  I also worked out at a gym that Paul got me into twice.  Which was also fun. Saturday night we headed down to SLC and stayed in hotels there.  We headed to church the next morning, saw Roger for a little bit then went to the airport and flew home.  While I was gone the kids hung out with Lee and on Saturday went on a bike ride with the Swinsons and had pizza. Super huge slices!!!  So, enjoy the picture mixup! 

Bike ride....

Ila's reception Saturday evening.  It was in a cute barn outisde of Idaho Falls.













Ila and Zack did a ring exchange for extended family that evening. 






















When I first saw my car rental I thought it was a two door.  But it wasn't.  Anyway, I went and upgraded it.  It was good I did as I was more comfortable for my dad in back. Still, more expensive.  Ugh.  We stopped at a Wendy's outside of SLC and waited for SO LONG in the line.  Crazy.  Plus the weather was pretty crazy and stormy.

I guess Elden played tennis one morning?

Haley is doing a mountain bike club with ShenRock.  She's really enjoying it!

I thought thi was funny.  My rental car kept telling me to take a break. 

The kids enjoyed a fun night at Horizon's Edge. There is a climbing area.

After I dropped off my parents I swung by the Bartholomews before heading home.  I had to see Sister Bartholomew!  She is an official missionary!  She did about one week of at home missionary training and then headed to Provo. What a trip!  I am sad I missed Lee's birthday, but glad we could celebrate afterwards on Labor Day.

No comments: