Monday, May 17, 2021

Mission, Mother's Day, Making Memories

 


As soon as we found out that vaccines were available to kids 12+ I contacted the local health departments but they didn't know when they would have it.  I found out from my sister that Walgreen's had the vaccine for the kids.  I was able to get them in the first day.  They were excited to get their vaccine card so they could get free Krispy Kreme donuts. 


Clark has been tinkering away at his car and stripped out some things, and put things back. 



For Mother's Day we headed to North Carolina to attend church with my brother Daniel and his family.  His son Anthon received the Melchizedek Priesthood that day--Mother's Day.

Clark, Anthon, me! Anthon is filling out his mission papers right now which is awesome. We are so excited for him. 

Right before the ordination.

After church we had lunch at Daniel and Amy's and visited.  We couldn't stay long, but enjoyed being there!


The kids had fun playing games.

Daniel built his own arcade which is super cool.


The other group playing picture Code Names. 

Lee had the kids fill out these sheets for Mother's Day which are so sweet. 

Some candy and flowers from Lee.

On the way home we swung by the temple and stopped at the visitors' center.  It's been so fun seeing the temple's progress!






I set up a double date for us and Mike Schill and Staci England.  I asked them about meeting up for dinner in Charlottesville somewhere, but then Staci said that Mike would cook dinner for us at his house.  We had some yummy Mongolian BBQ with these noodles.  He gave us some when we left.  We enjoyed visiting and getting to know them better.  They started dating last fall.  I hope it keeps going well for them!

The kids found a bird egg outside and tried to keep it warm and hatch it. Which didn't work, but fun that they tried.  They even used those Hot Hands warmer packets. 

Shanna has Lee take picutres of her to document her hair growing. 

A day in May it randomly started hailing.  It was crazy! Thankfully the hail was small, about pea sized.

The kids scrapped all of this off the trampoline.




Cal filled this out for a Young Men's activity (I think).  I love his talent: having lots of energy!

When Clark received his mission call it stated that visa paperwork would be mailed to him in two weeks.  I waited and waited.  Nothing came. Clark was assigned a missionary email account and I had him check it.  An email had come just a couple of days after his call about how to send in paperwork for his visa. Ugh.  I wanted to have it done right away.  So we spent some time getting the right photos and such and filling out paperwork.  We went to Walmart to get passport photos and he missed some school for that.  Now the missionary department has his passport.  It's a good thing we didn't plan any international travel this summer because I didn't know that they discourage missionaries traveling to foreign countries two months before their mission. I wanted to take the kids to Europe this summer but I couldn't because COVID travel restrictions. I guess it all worked out.


I haven't posted any of Clark's senior photos! They turned out nice. 









Yep, Shanna is still taking selfies!

You know you're in a pandemic when you find a random mask in the fridge...

I bought masks for the 4th of July!  

Clark all worn out one evening.

No comments: