Monday, January 4, 2021

New Years 2021!!!

We all ended 2020 with getting COVID tests so we could travel to Pennsylvania for New Year's.  A negative test result was required to enter the state.  And we all tested negative--yay!  We arrived in PA minus Lee since Lee was working that day. Shortly after we arrived some of us headed to a shooting range for some New Year's Eve fun. 











We enjoyed hanging out and had pizza and yummy food for dinner.  I thought it was funny that my name for Little Caesars was Ruth Mock. I've heard a couple of times people thinking I said "Bruce".  Or when they hear my name Ruth when introduced but then later think my name is actually Beth.  That's happened several times. 

Lee and I visited my parents that night with Jessica, Shanna and Clark. We continued the party at Darrell's with games, nail painting and a midnight celebration. 



I found these shirts at the BYU bookstore.  They are awesome. 

When we went to see my parents we got to see the awesome apron Deb made for my dad.  Cal started calling him "da boss" and my dad does boxing.  She put the two together which was fun and perfect!

The midnight kiss!

Wow, 2021!  I think all of us were ready for a fresh, new year to start. 




Someone, maybe Jessica? had some confetti that was very fun for the party.  And messy, but fun. 










I bought some paper lanterns and we wrote on them and sent them off.  It was really fun. 









Quite magical seeing them float away....







We went out front to see them continue on their journey. 

More pictures from sending them off...









Darrell and I exchange birthday gifts which was fun!  He got me a fun puzzle.  Though I don't think I took a picture of it. 

The aftermath the next morning.  Some kids stayed up well past 1am.








That afternoon we went to the church and ran around.  Good to burn off some energy on New Years Day. 


After several rounds of dodge ball we played sardines.  I actually won a game but then it was time to go. 


Saturday night we watched a general conference talk and played Stacie's kahoot she made for it.  It was super fun and Darrell won. 


Darrell bought me this cookbook for my birthday last year at a thrift store.  It was fun looking through it and seeing the notes "Margaret" took.  Her friend Cornelia gave her the book. 


Cornelia even hand wrote this recipe.  I've been meaning to try it out for over and year and finally did.  It was interesting.  Shanna liked it.  Cal could hardly gag it down. 


With a new year comes new changes as well.  Katie went off to college!  It was great being with her before she left the next day. 

How is 2021 going for you?  I still need to write down some goals!  We have been doing two things.  We started recycling---I know that probably sounds awful to some of you that I hadn't been recycling already! And we started leavning our phones downstairs at night and using an alarm clock in our bedroom.  So far two great new things going!  Though the recyling didn't start this year, but just something new-ish we've been doing. 

No comments: