Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Piano Recital 2020--Plus Cal is Driving!

Elden, Haley and Cal had their annual Christmas Recital last Sunday.  They did a great job!  We attended the recital with our friends the Weilers.  Their son Robbie takes lessons from Kama as well. 

Before church the kids had some snuggles I guess. 

Oh and Cal drove to church and back that Sunday!  The first part of December Cal and I had appointments at the DMV for Cal to take his learners test and for me to get my motorcycle's license.  I had a temporary license but need to update that on my license.  I drove to Mineral, VA to get the motorcyle classification added to my license but they don't do anything with photos.  So that was 3 hours of driving wasted.  My tires were low that day so that was kind of stressful.  But I saw a Sheetz gas station and you can get free air for your tires there.  Plus it was a digital reader which made it easy. I was more dissapointed about wasting the gas money. 

I was nervous about Cal getting his learner's permit because he hadn't taken driver's education at the school yet.  But thankfully Clark found a great way to study for the test--just go on the Virginia DMV website and go through their online study guide.  At the end of each section there are test questions.  And they are the same questions on the actual learners test as well. And I was a little nervous because it seemed that mine and Lee's temporary motorcycle license was good for only 30 days.  But because of COVID you have to get an appointment so we figured they would be lienient.  And they were. When we first got there for Cal's appointment at 10:00 (mine was at 11:00) they said the computers were down and they didn't know when they'd be back on.  But the lady told us someone would call and we could reschedule us that week.  I was really dissapointed.  We decided to stay till my appointment at 11:00 and see if Cal and I could still get in. While we were waiting  I said a little prayer that we could get in.   Somehow Cal had another appointment at 11:00 to get a license--which wasn't corrrect, he was just there to take a test.  We went back in about 10:50 and the computers were working!  YAY!  With Cal's incorrect appointment we were able to get him in as well.  Thankfully they weren't busy and they said that's why he was able to get in.  I didn't have the paperwork for our appointments that day and the ladies at the desk were waiting for us.  It was crazy.  I was done with my license update even before Cal was done with his paperwork and getting stuff lined up for his test!  That's how the DMV should be! The lady helping me was very sweet...the lady helping Cal was a bit edgy.  The day before I was also freaking out a little because Cal needed a birth certificate but right now my kids birth certificates are with their passports that are being processed right now.  I was going through our firebox and noticed that Clark had a birth certificate card.  I kept digging and found a second copy of birth certificates for all my kids....except Cal.  UGH!  Well, I kept looking and found his!  I had set his aside I guess assuming it was something else.  It was folded up and I didn't look at it.  It was all kind of stressful with everything.  But in the end Cal got his learner's and I my new license.  They came in the mail as well.  Since Cal is learning to just drive in general he's been mainly driving the suburban.  He's driven the Honda as well.  We bought the Honda Fit so the kids could learn stick shift/manual and we've loved having that car.  

Okay, back to the recital!



Here are the recordings of their recitals on YouTube. Enjoy!


No comments: