Friday, September 18, 2020

Vroom, Vroom

Something exciting happened in September....

We borrowed a trailer from a friend and went to pick something up in Williamsburg.


And we got cash to pay for it. 

Lee and I went by ourselves to pick it up. Lee test drove it and decided that it was pretty awesome. I'm sure you can tell... We got a motorcycle!

Lee and I are going to take a motorcycle instruction and driving class the end of October. I don't have a motorcycle, and have no immediate plans to get myself one, but it will be good to get some formal instruction. I used a dirt bike once but it was too big and I fell off.  I can drive a stick-shift which is helpful, but still, I need to learn to drive a motorcycle. 

Several things came with the motorcycle as well which was awesome like this cover and two helmets.

So that was the big new for the post.  In other news, the kids had some friends over to play. 

Lee has a new piece of equipment at his office--it's called MacuLogix. I guess Elden tested it out one evening. 

One of Shanna's first big projects for school was to make an instructional video.  She (per my idea) decided to show people how to change a flat tire.  Lee showed her how with a hands on activity and then Lee recorded Shanna showing others how to make the repair. She did a great job!

She also had to make some art for art class with things at home...

I brought up to some of my sisters about surprising Stephanie on her birthday.  Deb and Lois were uncomfortable going without talking with Andy and they were inferring that I should talk to him.  I didn't want to talk to Andy and they could have talked to him themselves. I ended up just calling Steph and going by myself. But the conversation turned into having a sister's weekend.  Deb volunteered and sent these really cute  packages. 

She sent an itinerary of the weekend and some of her "favorite" things--which was the theme for sister's weekend. The package was so fun!  She sent some chocolates too. 

Clark kept working on his car with Lee!

They installed the new air filter. 

One weekend Lee took Cal and Christian on a young men's campout. They stopped at a gas station in West Virginia and Christian treated Cal to a new flavor of Nesquik. 

They camped near Spruce Knob and it was very cold out!  Cal was challened to down a box of Tamales.  Sounds like it was pretty epic. 

The next morning they went on a hike.  It was still very cold. 

Cal and Christian kept a good pace on the hike.  There were campsites along the way where people could bike in.  They enjoyed a little break. 



Looks like a gorgeous hike!  Lee's feet were cold the whole time.  That sounds very uncomfortable!




These were the only people on the hike.  And Cal and Christian were the only young men.  If I would have known that I would have brought our family and gone camping. 

Lee, Cal and Christian got a ride down from the top so people could get home sooner. Quite the cold weekend!


No comments: