Friday, November 22, 2019

Happy November!


Wow, November already? There is always time to enjoy a beautiful sunset!


We had snow very briefly one November day.  Here is proof!

Clark finished up another marching band season.  Crazy he has only one more left in high school!

One Saturday Lee and I went up to the temple by ourselves and all the kids stayed home.  They said they would clean the house and do their jobs.  This is what we found when we arrived home.  Not bad!

One day was gorgeous out, high 60s.  Lee obliged and put up the outside Christmas lights. 

Shanna loves all things Vera Bradley and was excited to get this blanket!  Lee receives gifts with the different Vera Bradley purchases he makes through work.  Shanna was able to earn this blanket with some piano practicing. 

Clark was inducted into the Social Studies Honor Society. 



With November brings Christmas prep!  I bought a ton of goodies all month long in preparation for our Christmas at the cabin in Tennessee.

And I readied our ugly sweater invites and figures out the yearly Christmas cards!

Elden made this, and I thought it was cute.  

Lee, Cal and Clark practicing some Christmas carols.  They sound nice! One of Lee's dreams coming true...playing songs with his kids. Lee really loves music so this is really fun for him. 

Elden completed this little booklet at school and I thought the answers were so cute!



Elden has been super excited about the ski season! Well all the kids have been.  Their anticipation has been so fun to see. 

Clark made it into the City County band.


A preview of our Christmas lights!  We just have a few, but they are still fun!

I found some sweaters for us at our local thrift store. 


Thanks Doris for the fun painting of Frosty!

One of our trek "kids" McKay was baptized in November.  So wonderful!  We enjoyed being there.

McKay's good friend is Mason Gold.  Mason' mom, Alicia was one of my roommates at Ricks College.  It's always great seeing her!

This is one of our friends that our boys have been bringing the sacrament to on Sundays.

Shanna likes taking selfies, and I thought this one was cute. 

Fun snack foods for Sunday lunch. 

We have our ski passes!


And our Christmas post cards arrived!!!

We are headed to Nicaragua for the week of Thanksgiving and decorated for Christmas before we left.  Lee or Clark put out this euphonium and Lee had fun taking pictures of it with the Christmas bling.


If you've been reading this blog we have been cleaning out spaces all around our house.  Right before we left the country I finally got around to cleaning up the playroom.  Lee emptied all of the attic spaces and then I went through all of the stuff.  It sat in the playroom for a few weeks before it finally bothered me enough to do something about it! I came across some of my things from when I was younger and also college age. 


I forgot that I served with my friend Britt in Young Women's.  And I forgot all about the sweet note she sent to me!

Still so fun to read years later!

The napkin I asked Lavell Edwards to sign, and my "farewell" with my friend Jordan.


I love this scripture from the New Testament. It's one that I've been thinking about and how it applies to Relief Society and ministering. 

Hope your holiday preparation went well!!!

No comments: