Thursday, March 11, 2010

Elden is the Big 0-1!

Elden and Dad day one

Can one WHOLE year have passed already? My "time" in the hospital seems so distance, yet contemplation at times makes the sadness almost fresh again. With my mounting complications, Elden must have wanted to come earth ASAP--all 2 pounds, 9 ounces of him. My problems were his quick ticket here, born at 28 weeks! After three or so blood transfusions, different shots, a level 2 brain bleed, hours under the bili-lite, successes and un-successes with bottle feeding, an MRI, multiple doctor visits, 5 RSV shots along with other immunizations, and physical therapy sessions thrown in, we're sure glad you are here Elden. It would tickle me to death if you were my biggest child!


DSCN8905



And you can't forget the equipment! It cracks me up that at the entrance to the NICU there is a sign stating to turn off your cell phones, as the babies need peace and quiet. HAH! These machines are much louder than cell phones. I don't know as if I ever turned mine off!

Elden spent 2 months and 1 day in this box

Elden wore the middle diaper

For awhile Elden's diapers were weighed

Oh the hours I spent with you...I don't miss you one bit!



His first time finishing a bottle in a 1/2 hour



DSCN8990
DSCN9254_edited
Feb 6 2010 Elden
Can one WHOLE year have passed already? Happy Birthday little Guy!

7 comments:

Cardiganwearer said...

Your kids are SOOO BIG! When does Clark start college?

Heidi Sue the Mommy crafter said...

Happy Birthday Elden! It's so awesome that he is getting so big and growing up so fast!

Lena said...

Happy Birthday Elden!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday Elden!!! I really can't believe that happened a year ago! I really can't! Time just flies by so fast. Can't wait to see you guys in May!!!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

He is such a miracle. How wonderful that he is now 1 year-old!

Britt said...

I can't believe how far Elden has come! What a cute little chunk! I'm sure the beginning months of his life seem so surreal now. Happy Birthday Elden! (I know it is April, but I am far behind on reading blogs).

Liz said...

A year already? All of that seems so recent in my memory. I'm glad everything turned out well. Happy Birthday little guy!