Thursday, September 3, 2009

My wonderful husband is 29! I think he had a great birthday--I enjoyed it anyway. Next year we'll have to remember to have him take leave on his birthday! That morning I got up early and made cupcakes for Lee and his co-workers. Clark's school started late so we all went over to Lee's work and said happy birthday. After working out I decorated the dining area for Lee's birthday. While Lee was at work after lunch, I finally got to his cake. It was really easy, but it just took some time cutting out the letters.

We had a fun little family party and after the kids were in bed we watched Song of the Thin Man.

Here is Clark with Cal's good friend.


Lee being the always wonderful husband, even on his birthday


The oh-so-fitting cake









Looks pretty uncomfortable...







Thanks Charles and Sam for being friends so that Lee and I could meet! It's been a great 6 years of marriage and I am excited about the rest of our journey together. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE!

8 comments:

Cardiganwearer said...

Has it only been 6 years!?!? Somehow with 5 kids I thought it would've been longer. What can I say, you two have been busy.

P.S. LOVE the cake. I don't know if Lee remembers this, but Grandma had some shirts made when we were little with that LOVE eye exam template Lee is hold up in one of the those pictures.

P.P.S Thanks for looking and commenting on my blog every now and then.

Liz said...

Cute cake. You're so creative! I'm seriously always amazed at how much you accomplish with such a full house.

andyandsteph said...

Happy Birthday Lee. It looks like you had fun. I love the cake!

Photo Crazy! said...

Happy Birthday Lee! Darling cake. You alway do a wonderful job on them. Good dads never take a day off (not even on their b-day).

Megs said...

Ruth, I am so impressed with that cake, nice work!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday Lee! Ruth that cake made me laugh! Such a cute idea :) You have inspired me to make Jeremy a giant tooth -shaped one someday.
I'm glad Charles and Sam were friends too-good times!

Lois said...

Looks like Lee had an awesome birthday!

Lena said...

Happy B-day Lee! Great cake Ruth. Fondant is awesome!!!!! Your girls are getting so BIG. I'm amazed each time I see your updates. They look so tall and their hair is getting so long.