Sunday, January 20, 2008

Two weeks down, many to go.

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!! At SCO we celebrate this day by serving our patient population; at the VA hospital we celebrate by TAKING THE DAY OFF!!!! Beautiful isn’t it?

It has gotten really cold here over the last couple of days. They say it’s supposed to be close to zero tonight. We’ll see. Pretty crazy that our first week here it was in the 60’s and the kids were playing outside.

Ok, I started with a somewhat comical intro followed by a comment on the weather. I guess I should now talk about our family and what we’ve been up to. Ruth covered much of it with the last pictures she just posted.

We have been enjoying our first washer and dryer! We’ll see how much of that enjoyment wears off as we do more and more laundry and get some utility bills. Can’t complain though as we hardly paid anything for them. The only complaint so far is that our first few loads of laundry have smelled like somebody else’s clothes (not a bad smell, just not ours).

Yesterday we went to the library and watched an interesting production of Little Red Riding Hood. It was put on by 5 college-age actors and 1 sound person. It was impressively choreographed to entertain both the kids and the “theater junky”.

After the play Ruth went on the computers there at the library and uploaded the latest pictures onto the blog. I watched the boys while they played with the trains and Legos, and looked at books.

Last night we played a new game I got Ruth for her birthday – That’s Life. It’s a short, fun little game. I won so I really like it. Ruth tends to beat me at any other game we play. After that we watched a couple of episodes from the old Twilight Zone that we checked out from the library. They’re not as weird as we would have thought; they’re about the same as most of the Alfred Hitchcock weekly shows we’ve seen. About the time we went to bed Cal just started coughing and spitting up mucus. Then he started to cry and cough more. I don’t know what that was all about, but we were worried and grateful when he finally stopped and went back to sleep.

To be on the safe side we didn’t have Cal go to nursery today at church. He has coughed a few times today, but not like last night. We’ll see how he goes to bed tonight. Ruth made some really yummy Tuna Pinwheels for dinner tonight and I’m stuffed! Cal really liked them, but Clark wasn’t too keen on the idea of eating fish-stuffed pinwheels.

We’re not exactly sure what we’re going to do tomorrow for my day off. It’ll probably be too cold to do anything outside. There is a really good “Hands On” museum here, but we don’t know how much it costs. If it’s reasonable (like 50 cents or less) and they’re open, we’ll go. If not we’ll either have a Barney movie fest or a brownie eating contest – I’m not talking quantity of brownies, but quantity of boxes…

…we’ll put up some photos of whatever we do.

Oh, and Clark told Ruth tonight: “Don’t sleep too much.”

No comments: