Saturday, July 18, 2026

Indiana Bartholomew Reunion 2026!

Reunion time in Indiana! The Gerla's hosted this year and it was a fun reunion!

On July 4th I found out that Deb wasn't bringing my parents to the reunion. The whole time we had been talking about it she said she would be bringing them. That was stressful. Thankfully Jessie was able to drive them some. Lee and I skipped our whole last day of vacation in Colorado just to drive all the way to Ohio to meet Jessie and help drive my parents back to Indiana. Darrell wasn't happy with me about the chage and accused me of just changing plans. I didn't change anything, Deb and my parents did. From the beginning I had aranged with Deb to take them, and then Mom and Dad kept talking about Jessie bringing them and I kept saying, so Deb is going too. So it was frustrating that just a few days beforehand plans were changed. I probably shouldn't have, but I had a heated discussion with him at Steph's because of what he was saying and I wanted to find out what he meant. And Jessie shouldn't be driving my parents by herself long distance. My dad needs help in the bathroom and that would be uncomfortable for her. I did ask them if they could drive my parents home and looking back I wish I hadn't. Rough start to the reunion. Darrell surprised me and apologized later which was really nice. Family life doesn't always go so smoothly. I tried to be understanding, but I'm sure I failed at that. I was not happy about Darrell's accusations. Time to forgive and keep moving on. 

The first official day of the reuinion we were at Lake Monroe. Stephanie and I rented two boats. She paid for most of it, but we contributed a good chunk. Thankfully my dad and mom were able to come out on the boat for a few hours.  








The boats were super slow and it was easy to swamp the tubes. One time Sam was completely under water hanging on to his tube!!!





Sheldon found out on the boat that his divorce was final with Ciera. Just a sad situation. Glad he could come out the to reunion. 








We camped at Brown County State Park. It was nice camping by the other families. There was a parking lot right by us and the kids played a lot of four square which was really fun. Lena just had baby Caleb so stayed home with him. We missed having her with us!  It was fun hanging out with the rest of her family. 






Breakfast!  Only Haley and Elden were with us for the reunion.  It would have been fun to have all the kids there.  But Shanna and Cal were working and we left it up to Clark to come on his own or not. This day we spent at a shelter at park and also went to the nearby town of Nashville for shopping. It's a cute, artsy town.  







I didn't do the pie eating contest this year. It was handheld pie that you had to eat and I wasn't interested in that haha. 


Pie eating contest winners!

Nashville!



Sheldon bought us Flip 7 a few months ago. I need to get the vengeance one for Christmas for us!



Someone put a ladybug on my parents Subaru. So cute!

More cousin time!

As you can tell, lots of yummy food!

One of the fairy set-ups.

We did a fun ai change on Jake. 


Smores again for dessert!



Another breakfast fire for Saturday! 

Saturday was spent at the Lodge at the state park. They have a fun indoor swimming area. I tried to book a room for General Conference but they were all full. 



We were in a conference room that day for the reunion. You have to cater food to eat in there. We had a fun lunch and dinner. 



Stephanie did a lot of minute to win it games. Haley won a lot of them which was so fun!



She also won one of the candy guessing games!




We got mom and dad settled into their hotel room and then there was a little swimming at Steph's that night. 

We had church at Steph's the next morning. Before church Lee and I went over to help my parents. My mom fell in the bathroom and couldn't get up. The door safety latch was on and the hotel guy couldn't get it off. He finally sawed off the latch and we got inside about 40 minutes later. We were late to church, but got there in time for the sacrament. It was pretty hairy for awhile though. Next time they are at a hotel they can't do the safety latch. It's more of a hazard for them. 

Cal is headed off to Gerogia for another FSY session! 






We had lunch at Steph's then took off for home. We stopped for dinner at a rest area. Good 'ol ramen!


Haha, this verse reminded me of Obie-Wan Kenobi telling the guards this isn't the droid you are looking for. 

Flashback to past Robertson reunions!


Jake had an awesome tower!

People are coming home for the wedding and we decided to freshen up the sunroom!  Here are some before pictures. We are getting new flooring in a week too, so I need to get busy. Plus Young Women camp is coming up so I'll be gone. 




We were going to have people eat with us one night but I was sick. I wonder if I had COVID. But I never tested for it. Thankfully no one else was sick. My friend Angie brought me flowers which was really sweet of her!

Workout time!

I did a Pioneer Day activity for the ward. I was really excited to have it at a shelter, but there was so much smoke from Canada fires. It was pretty bad outside. We moved it to the church and it turned out well. We had a great turnout too! Haley made another awesome pie!



We had a bean bag toss and cherry pit spitting contest. 



Lee bought some fun plants for around the house. We've been keeping Elden busy this summer. He was doing flight school, but decided not to continue with that. So I'm trying to find him jobs to do at home and at the office. 

No comments: