Friday, January 13, 2023

2023!!! Family Visits, Hikes, Office!

 We hosted some of my family for the New Year holiday.  It's always been a big holiday for us.  My brother Darrell's birthday, then mine, then New Year's Eve, then New Years!  All in a row!  Darrell and his family came along with the Ereksons, my parents and the Bunkers!  The kids had fun at a youth New Year's Eve dance.  But more of that in the last post...in 2022/2023. 

It's the new year!!                                                 






We had Scotch Eggs for breakfast before church. 


Not sure what we did, but hanging out!





It was fun walking to the building to check it out. 

Out of order, but us after church!

We had a great time with our family!  Most people left Sunday night or very early Monday morning.  We headed to Massanutten for a hike.  But it was closed.  Got a couple pictures and then tried a different hike up Runkles Gap Rd. 


We hit up Boone's Run.  We loved it!  We even found a really nice shelter people can camp in, with a great firepit. 












At Massanutten before we headed to Boone's Run. 


Holey socks, new shoes for me. 

Elden's optical illusion that he drew.  It's fun when you view it through a camera it looks like a rubik cube. 

Winter track started up!  My kids have never participated in Winter track...AKA indoor track. But they loved it!

Haley treated us to some chocolate goodness.


My friend had a work meeting with leftover Panera pastries that she gave to us.  YUM!

Can you spy Shanna?  

She ran and did pole vault. 

We got our car back!!! YAY!!!!

Shanna came with me to do copies at the elementary school one day.  She said she would love to do these math worksheets, haha.  She had fun seeing a couple of her old teachers as well. 

Time for Tim Tam slams!

Matt got this for Deb as a funny Christmas gift.  I wondered if she actually did get the sign and she did.  

Elden's fruit snack. Quality control mishap. 



We headed back up to PA in the new year for Serena's birthday and to do baptisms at the Philadelphia temple. So fun that she's 5. 

Before the party we went to a couple of stores and I found these cute comforters at Big Lots. I need to remember to use them this coming Christmas at the office basement!

Matchy matchy.

Darrell bought a little puppy--Cosmo!  He's very cute and all the kids love him. 














Stacie found this Halloween outfit for Cosmo. 




Eric, Cal and Elden did some fireworks out back. One thing they discovered which was fun is when they threw a lit firecracker in to the river, a muffled explosion would happen under the water.  It was fun to see. 



Shanna strikes. 

I took some of the kids with me to put away my parents' Christmas decorations.  The kids found some dry ice and enjoyed messing with it. 




Haley's winter concert!

Shanna's mask she made in 5th grade.  Guess who is behind the mask?!

Nathan came for a visit!  He had some meetings in DC and decided to stay with us. 

My friend told me about the chocolate croissants at Trader Joes and we have been buying them ever since.  

I don't donate blood very often, but try to go a couple of times a year.  I earned my 2 gallon donation pin!  I didn't know there was such a thing, but now I do!

Office pictures!











No comments: