Monday, May 18, 2020

Mini Spring Break

Wow, all sorts of things broke during "quarantine"!  This was a broken part to the dishwasher. I think the motor went bad.  It was cheaper to buy a motor--as expensive as it was--than to buy a new dishwasher.  Lee got it up and running!


And wow!  Disinfectant wipes at Walmart?!  These are hard to come by right now. Recently there is plenty of hand sanitizer.  But Lysol spray and disinfectant wipes are still in high demand. 


Since our spring break was cancelled we decided to head to Smith Mountain Lake for the day.  We loved it and it was just what we needed! 





























We've been going to Smith Mountain Lake for a few years now and we love it!  Now we have way too many boating pictures!  When we go we stay for the whole day.  Our goal is to get on the boat right at 9:00am.  I think we've done it once...

The middle of May I donated blood which didn't turn out to be a good experience.  The lady checked my temperature with a mouth thermometer....without the plastic covering.  Ugh, if anything would give me COVID-19 that would.  Then right before she sterilized my skin the lady asked if I was allergic to chlorhexidine or Chloraprep.  I had this vague memory that I might be but wasn't sure and said no. Later that evening it all came back to me.  Last time I gave blood I did have a reaction to the chlorhexidine and got a bad rash on my arm.  This time it was even worse.  I had no known allergies till now... I wrote it on my Red Cross blood donor card so I wouldn't forget.  How do people forget something like that?  I totally did.  Thankfully I never got COVID as far as I know.  Side story, I gave blood at an elementary school in the gym.  At one point I needed to use the restroom.  It was kind of sad seeing kid's jackets on a hallway coat rack and then the kids' names on the wall in the gym for different achievements.  If it would have been summer those things would have been cleared away and donated.  It was kind of sad and weird too. 

Then my tear duct in my right eye became clogged.  Fun few weeks for me! 

Shanna decided to make the top bunk of her bed into a loft area.  She helped purchase a board to put in as the "ground". Then she did a coat of polyurethane. 


Sometimes my rolls just turn out perfectly...like this time.  Ahh...amazing!

We were finally able to get things from the kids lockers.  Elden also picked up the traditional 5th grade t-shirt that the kids get every year. 

The kids all got their yearbooks.  No clue how they are doing yearbooks for the coming school year.


The Nesquik love continues!

No comments: