Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter 2020

We had a quiet Easter during COVID-19.  Usually we are with a lot of family for a fun weekend of church worship, a Sunday feast, and a fun Saturday egg hunt.  We still did those things, but just our family.  Which thankfully is great because we have a great time with each other!

Sad seeing our playgrounds quarantined as well.




The gaga pit Cal did for his Eagle project was blocked off as well...though the plastic fencing is falling off.

We did a fun bike ride in Massanutten.  Lee took us to a little pond that I've never been to before.




Shanna set up egg dying for us!





We did an "art" show one night with the cousins and my parents.

Cal showed off his Nesquik collection that needs to be recycled. Hmm...

On Saturday we did an egg hunt at Lee's office.  I'm glad we did!  It was more fun with the little different areas that at home. 














Our pretty, crazy looking apple tree.  And our sad lawn.  Lee has been working on it a lot.  Someday it will look terrific!

We only filled about half of our eggs because it was just our kids.  I like doing egg hunts where the kids can just grab what they want with no restrictions.  Everyone gets lots of eggs and the fastest people do get more.

Another weird/fun activity....vacuum sealing my kids.  Well, I didn't do that-my kids were having fun with each other.



I finally got the play room cleaned!  It's been cleaned before of course.  But lately it had been overrun with winter gear and stuff.  I want to replace the rug, but that won't' happen anytime soon.

Lee took some of the kids on different bike rides as well. 




Easter Sunday was beautiful out.


The kids did a little artwork outside.






I had fun doing a fancy table.  Though I didn't plan out a centerpiece.





Earlier that morning Cal helped Elden tie his tie.




I took pictures of Cal's conference notes to send to his seminary teaching in case he needs to do any make-up work.  It was fun seeing Cal's Ookie Nookie frogs.


Hope you all had a lovely Easter.  We participated in the world wide fast that President Nelson asked us to join in on during Good Friday about COVID-19.  We are so grateful during this uncertain time that we have our Savior, Jesus Christ, to rely on, no matter what.

No comments: