Sunday, March 22, 2020

St. Patrick's Day, Quarantined

And just like that everything shut down!  The last day of school I went to make copies like normal. I stopped at the Character counts board and snapped a picture of Elden's picture on the board.  Who knew it would be the last day of school AT school! So crazy. We found out that night that school would be canceled the next day and we never went back.  Because of the coronavirus coming to the US and the fast spreading of the virus, eventually the governor cancelled school for the rest of the year.  I hope that school will be back in session this fall!  The first month we basically had off--three weeks of no school and then the fourth week was spring break.


Yep all my kids are taller than me except Elden.  And I love it!

Some randomness of course!  Lee cut the holly bush way back and the kids had the pleasure of loading up the truck and taking the branches to the landfill.

The Saturday before St. Patrick's day we met up with the Heits in Harrisonburg.  I'm glad they could come down! We hit up Shirley's Popcorn.  They give out free popcorn every March for reading 6 hours.




Indexing!  We started having our kids index everyday since they have lots of free time!

Not an unusual site to see some shelves empty at the grocery store.  Reed and Cal made a Nesquik run.




Lee took some of the kids on a bike ride.

Oh, and during all of this craziness we made a quick trip to the temple in Raleigh before it closed.  On the way home we couldn't believe what we saw. Fuel for $1.59!!!



After the weekend Cal went up to the Heits and Blake and Rhett stayed here. Cal had fun making leprechaun traps with Reed.  



We invited our friends Dave and Missy over to have a St. Patrick's meal with us of corned beef and cabbage.  But because of social distancing they felt it was better if they didn't come.  Though Missy was super sweet and dropped off some soda bread and Irish Butter! It was a fun addition to our meal.  Hopefully this fall they can eat with us at our house.


Shanna made some cake pops for St. Patrick's Day.

My kids did a little craft with heating up bar soap in the microwave.  Then you can made a creature out of it?  I can't remember.  All I remember is the big mess!


Yum. Perfect rolls!

We got a little park time in before they shut them down.

The day after St. Patrick's, we headed up to Maryland to pick up Cal, drop off Blake and Rhett, and bring home Reed.


We had a fun visit and then I took off for home.  We don't do much for St. Patrick's Day but we do enjoy the traditional corned beef and cabbage meal!  My cousin Jonathen sent this picture to me.  My mission companion Millie visited her friend, Kristen, who works with Jonathen! Millie is on the left.  A couple years ago Millie and Kristen stayed at my house one night and we did a hike in Shenandoah National Park the next day. Hope all of you are having a healthy quarantine!

No comments: