Friday, August 18, 2017

Robertson Reunion 2017!

We had a great time at the Robertson Reunion near Brianhead, Utah.  We all pitched in and rented a lodge and some yurts to stay in.  All of Lee's siblings were able to be there, and of course his parents.  His parents celebrated their 60th anniversary this August and his mom her 80th birthday.  Great things to celebrate!
Aug 9 2017 (8)

We did a lot of visiting, playing with cousing, catching up, eating, and hanging out.
Aug 9 2017 (9)

The lodge had a big game/family type room. 
Aug 9 2017 (10)

Lee's dad brought his 4-wheeler.  Lee took people on a lot of rides and I did a couple.  This was Clark's first year that we let him drive the 4-wheeler by himself.  I would love to buy a couple, but not sure where to ride them or where to store them!
Aug 10 2017 (2)

Aug 10 2017 (3)

Aug 10 2017 (4)

Aug 10 2017 (5)

Aug 10 2017 (6)

One afternoon Carl and Susan had some awesome relay races for was one big competition with different teams.  My team won!!!
Aug 10 2017 (7)

Aug 10 2017 (8)

The second or third relay is where we killed it and got way ahead....the scrabble challenge. 
Aug 10 2017 (9)

I went on a bike ride with Lee, two of his brothers Paul and Kent, a neice-Chelsie and Lee's dad. 
Aug 10 2017 (10)

Pathectically I wiped out about 200 yards from the house.  I should have taken a picture after I washed off my arm.  It hurt for over a week and looked awful.  This picture it's all covered in dirt so it doesn't look so bad. I also scrapped up my leg bad and ripped a hole in my capris. But I went on the bike ride anyway.
Aug 10 2017 (11)

Aug 10 2017 (12)

The kids loved the hot tub!  Lee and I went in a couple times.  Clark and some of his cousins went in one night as well.
Aug 10 2017 (13)

Aug 10 2017 (14)

Aug 10 2017 (15)

There was a good sized kitchen.  We teamed up with other siblings to help with meals or be in charge of the meal and receive help.
Aug 10 2017 (18)

A fun photo from one night.
Aug 10 2017

Lee went on another bike ride, but I didn't go.  My brake wasn't working (one reason why I wiped out) and one of my tires was balding. 
Aug 11 2017 (3)

Aug 11 2017 (4)

The owners raised a deer named Thunder.  The deer is very used to human interaction.  Our first night the back door wasn't locked and Thunder let itself in the lodge.  It walked upstairs to the long hallway where all the bedrooms were and opened Lee's sister's door to her room.  Sue heard something open her door and saw Thunder stick it's head in. I would have freaked out!  Sue got up and led the deer back outside.  The people in the house made sure to lock the doors at night after that.
Aug 11 2017 (5)

One night we helped out with a meal and brought some corn.  Sadly my kids have never shucked corn before.  I did it practically every summer growing up.  I had them come in and shuck the corn.
Aug 11 2017 (6)

One morning Susan was kind enough to do family photos.  Here is a sneak peak.  What a great spot and she did a fabulous job.  I asked her if she would do our family photos as well and she agreed!
Aug 11 2017

I need to figure which one to print to hang up and which one to put on the Christmas card!

The Saturday we were there we went up to the Brianhead Ski Resort.  They had several outdoor activities.  The weather was crazy that day.  Blue skies, warm, then windy and cold moments later.  Spurts of shutting down activities happened through the day.  We bought day passes for all of us, so we hung out during the shutdowns to wait for them to re-open so to get our money's worth.  They were pretty expensive! We all loved the tubing slide.
Aug 12 2017 (2)

Aug 12 2017 (3)

There was a trampoline as well.
Aug 12 2017 (4)

And a rock climbing wall.
Aug 12 2017 (5)

Aug 12 2017 (6)

Aug 12 2017 (7)

Aug 12 2017 (8)

Aug 12 2017 (9)

Aug 12 2017 (16)

Aug 12 2017 (17)

Aug 12 2017 (18)

Aug 12 2017 (19)

Elden wanted to race me.  I won.
Aug 12 2017 (21)

Aug 12 2017 (22)

Aug 12 2017 (23)

We enjoyed riding the ski lift a couple of times.  I probably looked weird carrying around a sleeping bag, but I am SO glad I had it on the lift!  It was cold!
Aug 12 2017 (24)

Lee rode the lift up once and took a ride down the mountain with Kent.
Aug 12 2017 (26)

Aug 12 2017 (27)

Aug 12 2017

Archery range was fun too....I am assuming.  I never participated, ha ha.
Aug 12 2017 (10)

Aug 12 2017 (11)

Close by were some fantastic overlooks, first up Cedar Breaks. 
Aug 12 2017 (12)

Aug 12 2017 (13)

Gorgeous, huh!
Aug 12 2017 (15)

We drove up higher to another overlook, Brainhead Peak.  So cold and windy!!!
Aug 12 2017 (29)

Aug 12 2017 (30)

Aug 12 2017 (31)

Aug 12 2017 (32)

Aug 12 2017 (33)

We packed up a bit Saturday night and finished Sunday morning.  We had enough time to visit a bit more before we left for church and home. 
Aug 13 2017

We went down to St. George to go to church with our friends Jenna Wilson and her sister Leslie.  It was so fun seeing them!  They have such a nice ward.  After church they invited us over to eat lunch with them which was so sweet of them.  Linda, their mom, also came.  They all used to live in Virginia and Jenna was my awesome visiting teaching companion.  Wish they still lived here!
Aug 13 2017 (2)

Aug 13 2017 (3)

I have quite a bit of family in St. George.  We did have much time but we stopped and saw my Aunt Anna Lee and Uncle Lee.  They live really close to the temple and hospital.  I asked her to give my kids and Lee a tour of their fun house.  And she loaded us up with some yummy snacks for the road.
Aug 13 2017 (7)

I loved seeing the cute things she's been up to in her yard.
Aug 13 2017 (4)

Front porch swing!
Aug 13 2017 (8)

The last stop in St. George was a quick visit with my mission president Dean Christensen and his wife, Elaine.  Love these people!  And I was so glad they were home.  President had to go to a disciplinary council but visited for a little bit.  It was good to catch up and little and see them in person.  Another missionary friend was just there that morning...I just missed seeing her and her family!
Aug 13 2017 (10)

The kids had fun outside looking around in the Christensen's back yard.  Elaine asked about the kids being by the pool and falling in.  It was quite warm out and I told her they would be tickled if the "accidentally" fell in the pool, but that they were fine.  It was pretty funny.
Aug 13 2017 (9)

We drove through the night on the way home....and the next night.  We arrived home safely about 6am Tuesday morning.  Then Lee had patients that same morning.  I'm always so thankful when we arrive home safely from a big trip!  We had a great time with Lee's family, some of my family and St. George friends! 

No comments: