Monday, December 6, 2010

The weeks are flying by and we had another great one.  I'll give you some highlights, not in order:

-I hosted preschool at my house
-Had friends over to play
-Boys went to friends' houses to play
-Went to a birthday party
-Enjoyed Stake Conference meetings
-Did some sewing
-Visited my brother in Sullivan MO (thanks for the treats Sam!)
-Did more holiday shopping
-Worked on Visiting Teaching
-Decorated for Christmas

We enjoyed the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  Every year the Prophet, (currently President Thomas S. Monson) and his counselors (now Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf) hold a Christmas devotional.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang, accompanied by the Orchestra at Temple Square and the Presidency gave great talks on the wonderful season of celebrating our Savior's birth, keeping the true meaning of Christmas in our homes, and spending time to help uplift those around us.  Watch it here: First Presidency Christmas Devotional. The Christmas season seems to officially begins with this devotional.

This morning we took a few pictures...or attempted to.
Dec 5 2010 Clark  

Dec 5 2010 Cal and Shanna

Dec 5 2010 Clark (2)

Dec 5 2010 Cal and Elden

Dec 5 2010 Lee Eleden Haley Shanna Clark Cal

Dec 5 2010 Lee Elden Haley Shanna Clark and Cal

Dec 5 2010 Lee Elden Haley and Shanna Clark Cal

Dec 5 2010 Shanna Haley

Hope you are all enjoying the season!  I love getting cards in the mail, listening to Christmas music, shopping and planning, reading Christmas stories, watching Christmas movies, going to a live nativity, acting at the nativity, caroling, reading from Luke 2 and etc....I just love it!  Every year Lee and I listen to the book A Christmas Carol on CD and watch the movie (Patrick Stewart plays Scrooge in my favorite version).  We better get the CD soon and get cracking. 

5 comments:

andyandsteph said...

Cute skirts! I love the fabric for them. They are so pretty.

Alyssa and Co. said...

Such beautiful children, and I just love the bow tie! Christmas is my favorite time of year, so I concur, I love everything about it.

Liz said...

Your family is so cute! I love this season as well. :-)

Dean and Elaine said...

Best season of the year! What a beautiful family!!! Love your tree! Have a Merry one! XOXO

Lois said...

I love the Christmas outfits!! The twins are looking so grown up - especially Haley!