Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all of you women! I think days like these are fun--like Valentine's day, or Father's Day. Sure we should show our love and appreciation to our mothers on a regular basis. But it's fun to have an excuse (and reason) to do something out of the ordinary. Maybe some people think it's just another day for merchandisers to push their products, but I enjoy it anyway.

Lee surprised me with LOTS of yummy chocolate--from a Toblerone to Lindt trufles, a Milka bar to Hawaiin Host chocolates (plus a couple more!) YUM!

Adorning the box filled with YUMMY chocolate, were our kids, depicted in candy. He did a great job.
DSCN1597

Clark is obviously the tallest, with Cal on the left. The twins in front (he made them the "same" for obvious reasons) and Elden is crawling in the middle.
DSCN1595

Thanks Lee! You are so creative! We let the kids eat "themselves" while we listened to a conference talk.
DSCN1594
I enjoyed the cards from my mom and Clark and the cute picture Clark brought me from school. (He made the boarder.) I also enjoyed hearing Lee speak today at church on the miracles of our Savior. I got to talk to Sheldon a little as he and my parents spoke during church in a classroom. He is currently on a proselyting mission in Italy for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We've enjoyed having my parents here for a short visit. I wish they could stay a little longer. Enjoy your week one and all!

3 comments:

Lois said...

You didn't tell me about what was INSIDE the box! Yummy!! Happy Mother's Day!

Liz said...

What a cute idea! I love chocolate.

Polly said...

What a SWEET family. I love to read little stories from your family!