Tuesday, April 19, 2022

General Conference + Easter

 One of the best weekends of the year is General Conference!  This spring we stayed in town, which was really nice.  Some friends came over that morning and we had breakfast together. It's nice because the session doesn't start till noon, but it's also harder when it ends later at night. But nice to have the morning to do stuff before conference starts. 

Our friend Debbie is still singing with the tabernacle choir.

Conference candids!

This is the house where we buy eggs at.
 
Some treats with the conference note taking packets. 

We finally got Shanna a new bed frame and bedding.  Lee and I got a new mattress, but Shanna had to wait till it came till she could set her stuff up.  She is loving her Beddy set too. 

Haley drew these fun little sketches.  Wow, so good!
 
I love this little bird.

Pretty sunset.

In April I did a challenge with some sisters, a sister-in-law and a friend where whatever the date of the month is you get rid of that many items. There were 30 days so we got rid of 465 items.  I honestly didn't think that I could complete this challenge! But I did.  We got rid of a lot of stuff, especially in the laundry room. 

One Saturday we did a hike recommended by an Elder in our ward, Crabtree Falls.  It was a really fun hike. 











We saw SNOW! Pretty crazy.  And not all of the kids were happy to be there, though they smiled for the camera. 

Cookie making!


We had a conference review with the youth.  Everyone said a few things they liked from conference and then had a treat.  So fun having them here. 

My friend Tara gave me this sweet Easter basket!

We had fun filling up Easter Eggs for our egg hunt!

Prom is coming up!  Cal asked his friend Mason to prom with donuts.  I love it.  What is fun is Mason's mom was my roommate at Ricks College!  I never would have guessed that her daughter and my son would go to prom someday!



Cal was happy to take the morning off of school. I joined him for the adventure. 
 
Track meet time!  Next season I'm going to have to get pictures of Haley at her mountain biking practices. I have lots of track pictures but none of Haley.  Ugh. Mom fail. 


Another concert!  Elden played at his spring concert. It's fun that he does percussion. 



Cal getting ready for a race. 

A selfie from guess who!

We did a temple trip to Philly in the spring.  The kids had a day of school off and I was able to get an appointment. I also borrowed the Peterson's van so we brought a group with us which was awesome. 


We actually were at the temple on Good Friday which I thought was really special.  We had a nice message from a member of the Temple presidency.  He spoke on what Christ was doing after He died, that He organized the preaching of the gospel to the dead and we were participating in it that day!


My friend Janet dropped off this fun Easter treat!

Haley was so sweet and surprised ALL of us with Easter goodies!!! It was so thoughtful and fun.  I heard from Lee that she had a great time picking everything out at the store. Thank you HALEY!!!





That evening we had dinner and an egg hunt with the Petersons and Banita and three of her girls.  We did the egg hunt at the new office building's yard.

Cal chillin in the reno stuff. 



Since Haley had given each of us a basket I got her some goodies and set it out that night so she could have it Sunday morning. 

Elden and Haley performed in a local piano festival and did a great job. Elden received a double superior and was invited to perform in an optional Sunday recital. He declined but still fun about the double superior.


Peeps!  Easter Sunday we went to our ward for the first part.  As soon as we were done singing with the choir we left and drove up to PA.  We then resumed church in my parent's and brother's ward.  We got there right when their choir was singing a song!  We were there for the rest of Sacrament meeting and Sunday School. 



Ahh..family photos!



We had fun hanging out with the family!


Another egg hunt!





Haley taking on Uncle Darrell at chess.


On our way up to PA the Chevy started acting weird.  No surprise there. Ugh.  We decided that Lee would drive home in one of Darrell's cars and Elden and I would get the Chevy to Darrell's mechanic that he really likes.  So Monday Elden and I spent the day there.  We got the Chevy dropped off.  Then that night Darrell took us to meet Lee halfway so we could get home.  The Chevy was in the shop till the end of the week.  I picked it up when I went up for my mom's birthday the next week.  Kite making with cousins!

While we were up in PA it snowed in our town!


Shanna is learning to dutch braid her own hair! Looking good!



No comments: