Friday, December 10, 2021

26.2 & Holiday Fun

Ah, the holidays are officially here with the kick off of Thanksgiving! Life didn't slow down of course, and we are in the starting phases of the "new" office building! 

I decided to do a marathon.  Yep!  I never wanted to do one as it's SO much running.  But since I have done a few half marathons, I wanted to do one before I turned 42. One day in early December, in the 60s, I did it!  I had my new watch with GPS to track my mileage. Up to mile 16 wasn't so bad.  And I had run 15 or 16 miles before in one shot so I knew I could do a marathon. Miles 23 to 25 were so hard.  I kept taking a lot of water stops, and even came inside and sat down for about a minute.  I wanted to finish and knew I could, but the last few miles seemed so daunting.  The last mile, mile 26, actually wasn't so bad. 

Ahh...I finished. 4 hours and 39 minutes.  I included all my stops as well. 

Lee found me during lunch and snapped a couple of pictures. 

My finish line--thank you Lee!  This was so thoughtful of him!

Shanna started cheering for basketball!  

Monday calls with Elder Robertson!

We had another fun trip down to Raleigh.  We had stake conference that day so we just listened to it on the way down.  Anthon was being set apart as a missionary! We hung out at their house for a couple of hours. We even brought some fuel with us to replenish the tank a bit.

It's been fun checking out Daniel and Amy's motorcycles.  I would like to get one but not sure when soon. I haven't used my motorcycle license at all!


We all headed to the Stake President's house for Anthon's setting apart.  It was fun because my parents knew the Stake President's dad.  My parents lived in Raleigh while my dad completed his PhD in food science. 

On the way down we drove by the Richmond Temple.  We love seeing its progress!

The kids had a little ugly sweater party.  Lee and I didn't have one because of COVID.  I think we will host one in 2022. We'll see.  Gingerbread houses and a white elephant gift exchange were part of the party!




It's fun seeing the house creations. One of the kid's dad's had COVID, so we were a bit nervous about that.  But everyone fared okay and I didn't hear of anyone getting COVID.







Lee and I had fun at our friend's holiday party.  We brought Shanna and Haley along to help babysit her daughter's kids, but they were already asleep when we arrived. The girls hung out in the basement and watched a movie. 

I sent out some Christmas packages. 

We did a little party of our own with a gift exchange and gingerbread house making!  Sadly being the hostess means I didn't get to do much.  Or maybe that was a sign that I wasn't very prepared!












We had a houseful with the Mabundas, Petersons, Sheperds and Angie & Rachel



AND......time for skiing again!  Something we love about winter! One of the few things haha.  We got things ready to head out for a day at Snowshoe.  Of course we were tired like always because we got this stuff out right AFTER the party with everyone!  Yep, that same night.  Makes me tired thinking about it! But grateful we could be with friends!


No comments: