Saturday, February 29, 2020

End of February

Wow, February feels like eons ago!  We seem to find things to do, and enjoyed skiing a few times in February.  Cal made some soup, (I think).


And he made biscuits.  He loves Uncle Darrell's biscuits and enjoyed making them at home.

Elden met up with his friend Kaden for a little bit at the slopes near our house.


Love night skiing!


A random snack I like...rice cake with peanut butter and cinnamon!

The Young Women presidency had a lovely evening for the young women who had ministering routes and their companions.  The younger young women served all of us dinner.  I gave a little message along with Beth, the Young Women president. The decorations were so fun!



It was fun getting this in the mail from my nephew James and niece Maggie.  I had fun sending my nieces and nephews Valentine's.


I went up to my mom's in February and Lois and Stacie met me there.  I did a couple things with my mom beforehand and then we all had lunch and visited together.  It was a lovely afternoon.

Sometimes when I visit Lee's office it's fun to try on glasses.



Daniel, Amy, Rachel and Anthon came up one Saturday for eye exams.  Lee took Cal and Anthon on a fun bike ride.


That morning had been the memorial for our friend Gael Scott, in our ward.  I had been involved in a two funerals already, with a third sister passing away in our ward but the family had that funeral in West Virginia. But Gael was the fourth sister to pass away while I was Relief Society president.  I loved chatting with her.  We took her to a Navy concert a few months back.  Just two days before she died we did an email exchange because I wanted to visit her.  She sent me and email and sent me a video of a children's choir singing. I Can Only Imagine.  It was kind of surreal thinking about that after she passed that she had sent me that song.  Gael died quickly, shocking all of us.  I heard there were some troubles with a will for her husband who passed away over a year ago, and that possibly Gael hadn't gotten one either.  My daily advice: GET A WILL!!!


Lee and I watched an awesome series done by Dr. Rob Ferrell about connecting with young adults.  It was amazing.  Really, every adult should watch this!


I went to a meeting or a training and heard this song--loved the lyrics about finding your own path and then returning home.

We sent off our passports and they FINALLY returned!!!

When Elden and Cal clean Lee's office for some odd reason they like to bring home the fake lenses from the frames.  Sometimes they'll bring a whole box home...



A rep from a company came and brought food for the office. There were TONS of leftovers which we enjoyed at home for several days!



Well, all of my kids except Elden are taller than me!  And have longer legs as well!

We enjoyed going to our friend's 90th birthday party.  Wow, 90!  So cool.  He and his daughter live near us and we have loved getting to know them. 

Clark participated in a day-long band clinic at JMU.  We headed out that evening to see their concert.  Cal was overjoyed when he saw this Nesquik machine.  We decided to head back again soon when he had money so he could use it. 


Clark with some buddies at the JMU Band-o-Rama.



No comments: