Friday, May 31, 2024

End of School

Shanna and Elden wrapped up their track season!

This is Shanna at the state meet!


With Coach Matthias.

A fun goodie bag that some moms put together!

We went out to eat at Ciro's for Haley's birthday!


Haley finished out her last mountain biking season!!!


Not sure why this picture was taken....

Haley finished her beautiful embroidery project for art.  Love how it turned out! 

I have a subscription to Greetings Island (online card and invitation site) and it's fun using it for random stuff...like an African packing list for my kids!  

Yep, we've have a Cyber Truck driving around our area.  We've seen it a few times and even saw it pull out of a neighborhood where we think the owner lives. 

Nice!

Beautiful rainbow!

Monica or Scott left some of their Italian ice for us at the office! Yum.

Home sweet home!

Lynn and Marv came for a visit!  They were headed to a family reunion in southern Virginia and swung by our house for a couple of days.  I missed their first full day as I was actually in Nauvoo for my nephew's temple endowment. When they picked up their car at the Charlottesville Airport it was about midnight and their car reeked of marijuana and had beer cans in the back. Lynn went back in but the counter was already closed.  They smelled like weed when they arrived at church.  

Haley was nominated for two medallions at school. A medallion represents an engaged, hard-working student with a high grade as well.  It was fun having Lynn and Marv with us for the event!  




Random...but if you even end up with leftover money in a 529....here's a tip!  Roll it to a Roth.

Bracelet time!

Sibling time!



Haley's awesome cinnamon rolls!  


Yummy eats.



This is my little trip to Nauvoo.  I drove home on Memorial Day.  I thought this landscape was so pretty. I pulled over to take a picture. 

I spent the night on the way out and back at Steph's.  Then spent the day in Nauvoo.  It was fun going to the sites that the church recently purchased from the Community of Christ. I think this was in the Joseph and Emma Smith house.  I believe this was Emma's desk. 





Lee took Lynn and Marv to Reddish Knob after church on Sunday. 

Me back in Nauvoo that Saturday.



I finally saw "Sunset by the Mississippi" for the first time!

Elden's rocket!

Hangin' out.


Meeting baby Peter!

Yummy desserts my second cousin, Denise Black, brought for lunch after Thomas' endowment. We met them at the Pioneer Exodus Commemoration in Nauvoo a couple years ago.  So fun!  Her dad and our dad are first cousins. Their family came to the endowment too. 

Deb and I with Denise and her husband!





Lee's pizza!

A pumpkin is growing!


A sweet thank you note from the 1st grade teachers. I still do copies for a handful of teachers at the elementary school. They are always so sweet to me. 

Hmm...random shot!

More track!

Haley finishing up her season!  I think I might have posted this already...but fun to see again!  

Planning out the last weeks of craziness. 


Enjoying the simple pleasures of life!

Yummy food from end of the year Music awards. 

Haley brought mint brownies!


Seminary graduation--our seminary class sang and they sounded great!

Haley and Elden at their spring recital!!!


Shanna napping...


No comments: