Our friend Lee L does not like BYU. So when I go to the BYU Bookstore I like to send him pictures of the glorious blue.
Dinner at Clarks!
Nate's family was super sweet and his mom and Aunts did a bridal shower for Shanna. Amelia Player came, along with Sharon, Lexi and Riley.
It's funny because Amelia is a twin and Nate has twin sisters. And then of course my girls!
We did a couple fun games, Nate showed a cute collage movie he made and of course dessert and presents!
Love being with my girls!
Shanna did her final fitting for her wedding dress! Then we sent it off to get cleaned. She'll pick it up later in the month.
Temple outing!
We stopped at Kolaches. Yum!
A little hike up Rock Canyon.
We had dinner at Roger's which was really fun. Sheldon is now living there since his divorce from Ciera.
I bought a shirt on Amazon and had it delivered to Clark's. For some reason they put it in the mailbox and Clark couldn't find his key. I borrowed this from Shanna for the 4th of July...It didn't fit well though.
We finally got to pick up Lee! We grabbed pizza, some people grabbed dirty sodas too, and we were off to Nevada for Independence Day. Shanna had to stay behind because on the 4th her bus is leavning to take her to Idaho. We were sad she couldn't join us.
We arrived in time for dinner at Ward Mountain Campground--Lynn made a yummy taco salad.
The kids drove Lynn and Marv's ATVs for a little bit.
These are Lynn's two grandsons. Locke, on the back, was calling my Aunt Ruth, which was so cute. And granted I am his great-aunt Ruth. But still so cute!
Bike ride on the 4th!
Ely had a free community breakfast that was really fun! There were a ton of people there. We grabbed food and left, but still fun.
The town hired a lady trio that performs 40s and 50s type music. They performed at the park and were really good! It was fun hearing the patriotic songs. We arrived late, but I'm glad we still tried to go to the park for the performance.
Time for the parade!
The kids got lots of candy and it was pretty warm out.
Backyard 4th of July BBQ.
Haley made this really fun pie! Perfect treat!
Happy Independence Day!
The fireworks at the golfcourse were really good.
Sunday Lee and I were in charge of dinner. Cal had to get back for his BYU FSY session so Clark, Chloe and Cal left at about noon. We're glad they could come for a little while! Lee and I made roasted cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions with chicken. We sent the temp on the oven to 400 to cook for an hour....and the food wasn't done. It took another 45 minutes. Ugh. I don't love cooking for other people so it made it more stressful with his family waiting.
Ice cream for dessert!
We went over to Tyler's so Haley and Elden could drive his Mini Cooper. They had a lot of fun with that. And Tyler wanted them to go fast so I think they espeically enjoyed driving with him. Huge deer in his yard! Wow!
We had a good visit in Ely and left really early Monday morning to go to Colorado for a little bit. We went on a pretty drive to our destination-Canon City. I felt a little bit of altitude sickness when we were up this high. After coming down from the mountain I felt much better.

Ramen for lunch at a park.
The main event for Colorado this time was visiting the Royal Gorge.
We went on the tram, did a mountain swing and walked around....And went on the famous suspension bridge too. Great place!
The swing over the canyon was really awesome.
We did a little hike too.
Los Compas for dinner. Super yummy tortilla chips! The bad part was that they had cleaned the floor with PineSol and that's what I smelled while I was eating.
Our rental for the night. Cute place!
The mini RV for the chickens is awesome.
Sadly, lots of wildfires this summer. We didn't know there were ones in Colorado. We could see them pretty well once the sun set.
Morning bike ride! I wish I would have asked Lee more about this ride. I didn't like it at all. Too technical with rocks everywhere. Pretty views, awful bike ride.
We had chicken tacos for lunch, then headed out to Indiana.
Great reading!
Love this!
No comments:
Post a Comment