Thursday, February 11, 2021

February Beginnings

And just like that we had more snow!  Church in person was cancelled the second week in a row. 


I thought it would be fun to have a fancy table setup that Sunday. 

And a favorite treat around here...fake toffee!  SO good. 


Animal potatoes.

On a nippy Saturday we didn't have solid plans so a hike was in order.  Shanna refused to go and Clark worked.  We picked up Christian and Liam and headed out with the three other kids and Lee. We hiked the South River Falls loop.  The snow was hard and slick so belly sliding was in order as well. 





I love that Haley brought a book with her to read on the trail. 




I didn't think the trail would be snowy and icy, but what did I expect?  Oh well.  No one broke anything or had any accidents--success!

Same day, just not on the mountain.  Snow melts quickly here!  Do you see the dark blue truck in the background?  What about the trampoline net behind it?  Do you see the trampoline peeking out behind Cal?  Cal and Elden were outside throwing the football thing across the street to our friends at their trampoline.  A cop pulled over and Cal thought the cop was mad because of how they were playing outside.  The actually told them great job for playing outside (and not being inside) and gave all of them surplee coupons for 7-11!  Cal, Elden and Michael went over and redeemed them that afternoon.  So awesome! 

Lee, Haley, Clark and I attended Shanna's cheer showcase for families.  We saw different cheers they performed, little routines and enjoyed an award ceremony highlighting each girl. I'm so glad they put this together for them! And just like that, a month later, cheer was over. 




Funny enough, Shanna is the second tallest girl on the entire team.  And she's not that tall!  About 5' 4.5". 












Double piggy back ride.  

Picking up Shanna one evening after practice.  Cute 8th grader picture. 

I've thought about going through our emergency packs here and there for years.  Since we've been having extra time off one day I was thinking about going through the packs one random evening.  When the time came I told Lee about my plan but also said I didn't want to do them.  He basically said should we just do them and get them down?  I agreed.  I said if the mess sat out long enough I would eventually get to it and clean it up.  Finished packs below.  And it was messy.  And Elden had size 5 pants in his pack!  HA!  Oh and these are our 72 hour kits.  We updated the clothes, tweaked and updated what we packed in there, bought new supplies and refilled them.  They are actually in our laundry room right now becuase I was waiting for some high calorie emergency bars and emergency thermal blankets to come from Amazon.  The bars last for 5 years and give you enough food for 72 hours.  Yes we'll hate them by day 3, but we won't be hungry!  We also have gum and hard carmels for "snacks".  


Another random double piggy back ride. 

That day Haley made a very yummy cake with Elden. 

I love how she decorated it!


Deliciousness!!!

Some random poses from Shanna. 

Oh and some styling photos of new jeans. 


I submitted a photo for each boy--Clark and Cal--for their year book.  Not sure if it will get in, but here's Clark's.  

Another day Haley and Elden decided to make a volcano.  5th graders get to create and present a volcano every year but for some reason Elden's grade passed over this project.  The one they made looks pretty great!  Even if it's not topographically correct.... They did a fun eruption as well with baking soda, dish soap and vinegar. 

You can see the video here of the crazy explosion. 

Lee and I do dates with the kids once a month--we try to.  I need to spend more time with them individually.  But Elden had his date of getting ice cream and then he wanted to wrestle.  It was cute. 


Another occasion when there was snow on the groud again, Cal buried Elden in it.  Too funny. Elden's pose is spot on. 


I love this photo.  Pure joy. 


More fun in the sun.  I mean snow... 



Are we officially going stir-crazy?!

No comments: